Wednesday, August 6

Whoever Said Half the Fun is Getting There Has Never Been Here

I am torn. I don't know what to do about my job. Oh...it sucks something awful. Something like durian or black licorice or the underside of a toilet bowl lid. Nevertheless, I have to work at least some while I'm in school. The schedule at work is very flexible but the owners are awful human beings who have no children and no education and therefore no clue what it takes to successfully tackle one let alone both. The money won't be steady, meaning I won't have a clue how much I'll be making every two weeks. And they are closed on Mondays now, so I could get a serving job on Monday and do massages Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I could even serve somewhere on Sunday nights, too. But that wouldn't leave a whole lot of time for studying. I will probably have to juggle a MWF class to accommodate my work schedule. I registered late so I got stuck with the crap classes. Next semester will be much better because I have tons of hours having already completed a bachelor's degree. I'll be first to register. Yay! FINALLY. Something to look forward to.

The last time a girl at work announced she was going to go to school for nursing she was treated terribly and eventually fired by The Debil who said, "I get the feeling you don't like me, so why don't you just leave?" This was probably true but only because The Debil would stand around and talk about her while she was within earshot. She does this to everyone. She will also ask you the same question over and over again. I can't decide if she's hoping for a different answer or if she just has no recollection of already pretending she really gives a shit. My friend who was the most recent target of their high school antics ended up quitting last Tuesday, which is exactly what The Debil has been trying to have happen for months. And the only other friend I have there wants to leave. That would be terrible.

This place is in a very wealthy neighborhood, yet for some reason these people can't tip for their services. I have been informed that The Debil will take tips at the end of the night to make up for discrepancies in the drawer or she'll take them if she feels your tip was too large. At my old job, I lived off my tips. The owners said that some people just don't tip. They also said that employees don't get discounts on products because we make enough in tips. Crazy bastards.

I did apply for a job at Starbuck's...the day before they decided to close 600 stores and lay-off 12,000 people. I need something that will let me be flexible since baby's daycare closes at 5 p.m.

Argh. I need to figure it out soon. Dear Lord, please let the perfect solution fall out of the sky. Please don't let it fall on me while I'm carrying the baby. Or on her crib. Or on my car.

2 comments:

ALF said...

Hey! I also have a terrible, awful, crap sucking job - we can be friends. Actually, I have only 1 week and 1 day left at this job - woo-hoo!

Jenni said...

Argh! I'm so jealous!! How are you breaking free?