Thursday, August 14

One...Singular Sensation.


Happy Birthday!

I can't believe it's been a year. Well, at 10.53 a.m. it will be a year ago today I met you.



You have been the absolute light of my life. It has been fun and hard (really hard) but I wouldn't change a thing. I've always been a night owl, but you can stay up later than I can. I've never been a morning person, and you wake up with the sun. I have become a new person. Thanks to you.



I always considered myself a laid-back girl. Go with the flow. Never worried too much about anything really important. Everything happens for a reason. You changed all that. There isn't a second that goes by when I'm not thinking of how to protect you for the rest of my life. Horrible crazy thoughts hit me like a Mack truck. Honestly, if I'd known how much I'd love you I don't know that I would've had you. It's trite, but I had no idea I had so much love inside me. Sure...there have been men; my dad, your father, Ralph Macchio.... But if this is what being in love is supposed to feel like, then it hasn't happened for me until now.

I have so many dreams for your life, but mostly I just want you to be happy and loved. Just be your wonderful brilliant self and always listen to your inner voice. Know that I love you more than you'll ever know, until perhaps you have a child one day. Then you'll realize why I didn't let you go to that party, or let you get your ears pierced, or didn't let you have that toy you just thought you couldn't live without.

Everyday you continue to amaze me. And one day, you may resent me and think that some things are all my fault. Who knows what the future holds for us? But at least I can say, for the first year of your life...you were mine. All mine.

Have a wonderful day, my beautiful girl.

2 comments:

~Kara~ said...

Now here I am with tears dripping into my biscuit and jelly and oh gosh. One year. HOW fast has it been? Happy Birthday you little squirt! You mind your mommy!

;)

Jenni said...

I miss you.