Friday, May 2

What time is it?

omg Where do the days go? Since this earthquake, my child has lost her ever lovin' mind. She has been waking up at 6.30 a.m. and let me tell you...mommy no likey. I am not a morning person. I take that back. I am a morning person if there is someone around me who is NOT a morning person. Then I turn into a vaudeville act *jazz hands* ya da da dada da da da da!!!! But if someone else is the morning person all chatty and happy and ready to greet the sunshine with smiles and bright eyes, I want to pelt them with heavy objects I can reach from my bed. But since we're talking about my baby here, I just beg her to please go back to sleep. She says 'no' or something more like 'ehhhhhhhhhhhh' and then just bangs her head into my chest with the force of a thousand hammers. I think that means she is hungry. Her new trick is to pull my shirt out as far as she can so she exposes me to the world and then she laughs...down my shirt. Oh yeah. Good times. This is punishment because I saw a friend's son do this about 9 years ago, when he was just learning to walk, and was horrified for her. I was also shocked to see the same friend eat a piece of banana that had fallen out of that same son's mouth. Yep. I was grossed out, yet I did the exact same thing this morning.

And today, for the first time, Huddy crawled forward! I couldn't believe it! For the past couple of months, she's been rolling wherever she's wanted to go and most recently has been sitting up, going forward and spinning on her knees over and over until she gets whatever it is she's spotted. She has backwards crawled herself under end tables, daybeds, swings and desks. She stands all by herself, holding on to ottomans and my leg and chairs. I usually am nearby in a panic hoping she doesn't crack her head open.

No comments: