Tuesday, April 1

Finding Happiness Amid Clogged Nipple Pores

Ever heard of a bleb? It's an actual thing. Read on:
A milk blister, or blocked nipple pore, is also called a bleb or nipple blister, or simply "milk under the skin." It occurs when a tiny bit of skin overgrows a milk duct opening and milk backs up behind it. A milk blister usually shows up as a painful white, clear or yellow dot on the nipple or areola (see photo), and the pain tends to be focused at that spot and just behind it. If you compress the breast so that milk is forced down the ducts, the blister will typically bulge outward. Milk blisters can be persistent and very painful during feeding, and may remain for several days or weeks and then spontaneously heal when the skin peels away from the affected area.

Doesn't that sound so awe. some. ??? Well, I have it and let me tell you...it hurts like a mother. Literally.

I also had to give a 90 minute deep tissue massage to my boss today because he hurt his back. Boo hoo. I haven't had a massage since 2003. I'd love to get a 90 minute massage while I'm supposed to be working. Oh well...too bad!

So, I've decided to actually make this post about something completely unrelated.

New York City

It was a year ago today that I was last there. It is my favorite city in the world. Here are some of my must-sees (with the help of yelp.com):

Moto

Grandaisy Bakery (formerly Sullivan Street Bakery)
Ruby's
McNally Robinson
Galanga
Housing Works Bookstore Cafe
Lily's Nail Salon
Paris Theatre
Strand Book Store Annex
Cafe Habana
MOMA Design Store Soho
Duck Duck
Potion Cafe
Chrysler Building
Washington Square Park

2 comments:

~Kara~ said...

OMG - that is terrible! I had a clogged duct before, but NOTHING like what you have. I like the way they say it "heals when the skin peels away from the affected area." I bet you can't wait for that day! Yay! Pain!

I know how you love NYC. I'm sure you miss it. :(

Unknown said...

too many cafes..
too few bars